Many businesses in the construction and demolition industry understand the importance of a professional risk management strategy that is supported by a market-leading insurance programme.
Combining our group experience, we have worked with construction and demolition companies of all sizes and specialties for over 50 years. Whether you are an individual tradesman, or a large contractor, you can be assured that our specialist team will secure a competitive insurance programme to protect your business.
We understand that every business has different requirements and we have particular expertise in arranging specialist construction risks which you may struggle to find cover for elsewhere. Whether you need advice on liability cover, motor and plant, warranties or even performance bonds, our expert team are more than capable of supporting you with any insurance matter.
We are proud to be members of the National Federation of Demolition Contractors (NFDC) and CONSTRUCT and we work very closely them to offer bespoke solutions to their members.
Due to our experience of looking after these sectors, we are able to negotiate key policy enhancements including:
- No height & depth restrictions
- No hazardous works / locations restrictions
- Financial loss extension
- Workable Bona-Fide sub-contractor & hot works conditions
- Licensed Asbestos Cover to full policy limit
- Risk Management and Health & Safety Assistance
- Environmental Impairment Liability
- HSE Fees for Intervention cover
- Low Claims rebates / Long Term Agreements
- Collateral Warranty checking service
WHO IS IT FOR?
We can arrange cover for all types of individuals and businesses in the Construction and Demolition sectors, but we have extensive knowledge of the below:
- Civil Engineers & Groundworkers
- Reinforced Concrete Frame contractors
- Rail contractors
- Roofing & Scaffolding contractors
- Plumbing / Electrical / HVAC & Mechanical Engineers
- General builders
- Structural steel erectors
- Plant hirers
- Demolition and dismantling contractors
- Asbestos removal contractors
- Site clearanc
- Haulage & Aggregate contractors
- Labour supply and site logistics
WE’VE GOT YOU COVERED
Our approach is tailored to each business that we work with. Typical covers we look at for construction and demolition businesses include:
CYBER CASE STUDY
Miles Smith, now Specialist Risk Insurance Solutions, was asked by a large nationwide retailer to undertake a thorough review of its insurance provisions to highlight any potential gaps in cover.
"When large/complex claims occur, Specialist Risk are right alongside us. This was typified when a significant fire affected one of our sites several years ago. The business interruption claim alone totalled several million pounds but Miles Smith Insurance Solutions, now Specialist Risk Insurance Solutions settled the claim within a 2-month period, meaning the impact on our business was minimised and flexibility retained."
Where is Specialist Risk Insurance Solutions located?
Our head office is in the City of London, the address is:
One America Square, 17 Crosswall, London, EC3N 2LB. We also have offices in Croydon and Ampthill, Bedfordshire however we are currently working remotely due to COVID-19.
Does my trade fall within Specialist Risk’s appetite?
We work with all types of trades across a multitude of industry sectors. Please call us to discuss your specific needs and our expert team will be happy to assist.